Cress - REVIEW

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

By Marissa Meyer
I LOVED this book! I didn't think it could possibly surpass Cinder, but it did, in a big way. Cress is the Rapunzel-like character of Marissa's series. She's an incredibly talented hacker who has been trapped on a satellite by Sybil, one of Levana's minions, since she was a child. She is socially awkward and naive but all that made her the perfect mix of damsel in distress and strong, capable woman. I found her absolutely adorable. She has a major crush on Captain Carswell Thorne and I just loved their scenes together.

Thorne loses his eyesight and there is a particular scene I thought was so sweet yet incredibly funny when he attempts to burst in heroically to save Cress but instead runs right past her, tries to shoot her attackers but can't figure out where to aim his gun, swings his cane wildly but can't hit anyone. I felt bad for the guy but couldn't stop laughing. He is cocky and full of himself but so funny and real and always has the best lines.


"Listen, Cress, I hate to break this to you, but I am sweaty and itchy and haven't brushed my teeth in two days. This just isn't a good time for romance." - Thorne

Iko as always, steals the show. I want my very own Iko. Scarlet is a bit absent from a good deal of the story but I didn't have any time to miss her with so much going on. Cinder proves once again what a powerhouse she can be. I adore Cinder so much. Though she has her flaws, self doubts and fears she still takes charge and gets the job done, she finds a way. She is not your ordinary Princess waiting on her true love to save her. If you wont join her, well, she does have those tranquilizer darts and she's not afraid to use them! 

"You can help me pick out a tiara when we're done saving the world." - Cinder

We are introduced to Winter and she absolutely captivated me right from the start. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but she was so very different and fascinating. I can't wait to learn more about her and find out how everything plays out. This book did not leave me with a cliff hanger, anxiously pulling my hair out, as they sometimes do. This book left me excited and eager to jump right in to the final book of the series, Winter.

"So I'm going to Luna, and I'm going to start a revolution." -Cinder







 Add Cress on goodreads 



Loved It!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Lost has read 3 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

Instagram

Subscribe