If I Stay - REVIEW

Tuesday, December 15, 2015


By Gayle Forman
I knew going into this book that it was going to be sad. I have to be in the mood for a good tearjerker and I certainly was when I settled in to read this one. I made sure I had nowhere to go the following day just in case this book kept me up until 3 am and left me a sobbing mess unfit for the public eye. Thankfully that didn't happen. I was very much moved by this story and I felt like it was beautifully written but I wasn't inconsolable, the way I was with books like the Fault in Our Stars or Allegiant.

After a terrible car accident that left Mia without parents she is in the hospital in intensive care and has to make the hardest decision of her life, to let go and join her family in death or fight for a second chance at life.

"Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you."

We learn about Mia's life through flashbacks as she grapples with the decision. I loved Mia's parents. They were so kind, understanding and fun. Mia is incredibly serious and focused on her music, her parents are such a breath of fresh air. We meet Mia's boyfriend and learn about their sweet relationship and watch them fall in love through the ups and downs. Her friends, her grandparents, her little brother, everyone was well written and felt real. 

I would recommend this book to anyone in the mood for a touching and thought provoking story.



Add If I stay on goodreads

Great Read!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Lost has read 3 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

Instagram

Subscribe